Marine Turtle Conservation in Costa Rica: August 20-28
Successful conservation efforts require community engagement and ownership. This experience will provide participants with the opportunity to learn about community-based approaches to conservation while contributing to marine turtle conservation in the village of Parismina, Costa Rica. [Reserve your spot on the team]
Conservation success also requires an economic benefit for the local community. A colleague and friend in Guyana always says "Conservation without cash is just a conversation". Real sustainable solutions include environmental, economic, social, and cultural benefits. Our visit contributes to the local economy because all of our funds while in the country go to small, locally owned businesses. [Reserve your spot on the team]
We will fly into Costa Rica on August 20th and spend a night at a small Costa Rican owned hotel. On the 21st, we will travel by private Costa Rican owned transfer service through the mountains and Atlantic Lowlands to Cano Blanco before making our way by boat to Green Gold eco-lodge on the beach of Parismina. Our time at the lodge will include nights on the beach monitoring nesting Green Sea Turtles, exploratory walks in the rainforest by day and night, and trips to the village to assist with community projects. The area is rich in biodiversity and will provide us with great opportunities to observe wildlife. [Reserve your spot on the team]
On August 25th, we will meet our transfer service at Cano Blanco and make our way to Dos Equis where we will meet our Costa Rican whitewater rafting host and legend, Manuel Segura and his team. They will guide us down the majestic Pacuare River to their whitewater rafting camp where we will spend two nights enjoying more rainforest and river experiences as we reflect on our time together. On August 27th, we will rise, enjoy our final breakfast at camp and then raft out to Siquirres where we will once again meet our transfer service for a return trip to San Jose. [Reserve your spot on the team]
And now you ask: What's the bottom line? The answer: $1245 USD + Flight
- Two nights’ accommodation in San Jose
- Dinner in San Jose at a local restaurant on our last night in Costa Rica
- Transport from San Jose to Green Gold Eco-lodge
- Four nights at Green Gold Eco-lodge
- Transportation to Pacuare River Eco-lodge.
- Two nights at Pacuare River Eco-lodge.
- Three meals a day (excluding soft drinks and beer) during stay in Costa Rica. Meals are typical Costa Rican fair. This means beans and rice with every meal served with eggs, pork, chicken, fish, vegetables, and fruit. Vegetarian and vegan needs will be accommodated provided we have proper notification.
- Whitewater rafting into and out of the Pacuare River Eco-lodge
- Cost of all local guides used while in Costa Rica.
- Experience of a lifetime…priceless!
- [Reserve your spot on the team]